The 50 varied photo cards in Social Situations are the ideal professional tool for therapists, educators, parents, occupational therapists, group facilitators and others for one on one and group work. Diverse Situations are depicted on each sturdy card: Family Meal, Social meeting, Cyberbullying, Collaboration in the task and more. Ideal for getting clients talking, reflecting, sharing and developing vital Social skills.
Your clients will experience a dignified and durable tool to encourage the acquisition of vocabulary and language development as well as the ability to observe and analyze social situations, communication and conversation skills.
This set is great to help patients develop an understanding of action verbs in addition to increasing their vocabulary. Strengthen vocabulary and communication skills while working on language development. The included activity guide offers lots of ideas, games and activities to make learning fun!
Endless ways to use Social Situations
- Verbal & Nonverbal communication: Client acts out and shares what they are doing/ saying/ feeling? Whether they experienced a similar situation and how they acted? What emotions can come up? etc.
- Conversation skills: Zoom out of the photo, what is happening around this Situations? If you were to be in the photo, what would you be doing? Who does this remind you of?
- Cognitive work: Sort cards according to positive situations and challenging situations. Sort cards according to social or family situations. etc.
- Choose 3 cards and compare the similarities and differences between the situations.
- Memory issues: Show or play with the cards and then ask questions. How many people are in the photo? Where are they? Are they happy? Are they smiling?
- Advanced use: Choose cards face down and then create a story based on the cards chosen. Act it out. What emotions are involved? What sounds are involved?
Conversation Photo-Card for the Professional toolkit
The above examples are just a few sample activities and questions that can support the use of Social Situations and to maximize its use by the professional. Essential for the professional toolbox.
There is no right or wrong way to use this game. It’s intuitive, flexible and can be applied to any setting or content.
Enjoy playing and teaching with this set of high-quality, educational photo cards. These 50 durable cards are suitable for kids and adults and are an ideal therapeutic tool for Speech Pathology, Occupational Therapists, Educators, ABA (Applied Behavior Analysis) and Social Workers.
Offer your patients a dignified and durable tool to encourage the acquisition of vocabulary and language development as well as enhancing cognitive, communication and conversation skills
Enjoy and get creative!
A Special need teacher & Occupational therapist became friends one day…
Developed by a special needs teacher and occupational therapist who couldn’t find practical and dignified tools for their special needs clients of all ages and abilities. Their combined experience of 30+ years in the field and passion guides the development of each products.
MKGames was born out of a mutual need that Meital Karni (Occupational Therapist) and Keren Strolovici (Special Needs Educator) experienced over their 30+ combined years of working in the field with people with special needs. They needed games and puzzles that were flexible, accessible and respectful of their clients age and dignity. And so MKGames was born!
Our products are lovingly and proudly assembled by adults with special needs at the “Shavim” Center in Netanya, Israel.
Learning through Play is the Very Best Way! This groundbreaking, therapist-endorsed card game encourages you and your child to explore emotions in fun way!
Our games designed to enhance concentration, visual discrimination and visual memory. This wonderful game also provides a great deal of conversational topics. Superior quality is achieved by using appropriate thick cardboard and a special non-reflective layer.
These card kits are useful to speech and occupational therapists, social workers and fun for all family members.