Personal development involves harnessing and growing your innate potential to ultimately become a more understanding, happier, and balanced person who lives in harmony with your life purpose. Essentially, the goal of personal development is self-realization and self-actualization.
Self-realization is learning who you truly are, and becoming fulfilled in that understanding.
Self-actualization is the achievement of your full potential in line with your life purpose and your natural talents and abilities, through creativity, independence, spontaneity, and a grasp of the real world.
Self-realization involves, in part, finding your life purpose. Realization of your life purpose is a really not a static point, but rather a journey. You have to experience a lot of things to arrive at self-realization, and it may change with time and experience, but you can take a current read.
Start by answering these five questions:
- What drives you – what can you not tolerate either being there or not being there (e.g., pain, injustice, unhappiness, etc.)?
- What energizes you – what gets you started and keeps you going?
- For what or whom are you willing to sacrifice?
- Who do you want to help?
- How do you want to help – what do you love to do?
Self-actualization can occur through many means, including the following:
- Becoming more productive
- Increasing confidence
- Focusing on and accomplishing life goals and aspirations
- Overcoming fears or psychological blocks and limitations
- Boosting motivation
- Forming habits of success and achieving success
- Furthering spiritual and multi-dimensional evolution
- Increasing happiness
- Achieving balance
- Developing and maintaining healthy relationships
Below is a sampling of products and services that are designed to help you with personal development. Click on the links to find out more information, see other products selections, and if you like, to make a purchase from one of our providers.